- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Statements
- Business Forecasting
- Business Checklist
HOUSEKEEPER TRAINING GUIDE
Welcome to the Service Team of Riddles and Vittles. We hope the experience you encounter as you fulfil your duties as a Housekeeper will be very rewarding.
Housekeeping is a highly important job in the hospitality industry. It is through you that we at Riddles 'n Vittles extend the hospitality of this establishment to every guest. If you succeed in creating a pleasant atmosphere to which guests return, you are contributing to valuable service in the field of public relations.
Housekeeping offers many opportunities for personal development and growth. You learn to cope with a broad range of people and situations. New friendships develop as you interact with co-workers and guests.
Housekeeping is an great job, but it is not an easy job. With this in mind our manual has been prepared for your benefit. We ask that you study it (and any additional material we suggest) very carefully.
Being prepared for your job will make it much easier for you. The satisfaction of a job well done and the resulting financial rewards are direct results of the effort you've put into your job.
In any job, reliability and punctuality are of prime importance.
REGISTERED GUEST INFORMATION
UNDERSTANDING THE GUEST:
TO DO SUGGESTIONS FOR TOURISTS
RIDDLES 'N VITTLES STAFF POLICIES
The following is a list of our restaurant policies. It is your responsibility to know, understand, and follow each policy at all times.
1. Uniforms must be clean and ironed and worn at all times. The uniform for waitresses:
2. Personal Hygiene:
3. Long hair must be worn off the shoulders and tied back away from the face so as not to interfere with food service.
4. Gentlemen must be clean shaven and hair kept neat and clean.
5. Employees must punch in only when they are scheduled to begin work unless asked to do otherwise. You will be paid for scheduled time only.
6. Staff meals - one per shift, as shown on a staff menu, are available at a reduced price. These must be eaten in the kitchen BEFORE punching in. There must be no eating during your shift either in the kitchen or dining-room. Staff meals are only for those people who are on shift and working. Details will be posted in the kitchen. To avoid embarrassment to yourself and management PLEASE honour this policy.
7. The telephone at the restaurant is a business phone. It must not be used for social reasons. We will not page staff to leave work to come to the phone. Please inform friends of this.
8. A regular size pop is 25 cents for staff while on shift only. All food and pop must be paid for when you get it. All staff food must be entered in the STAFF MEALS book for inventory purposes.
9. If you are not working you should not be at the restaurant. If you are waiting for other staff members please do so outside. No loitering in the waitresses station or outside the door.
10. Your pay cheques will be deposited in your bank account every second Friday. Your pay period runs from Sunday to Saturday inclusive.
11. Please do not ask to have cheques cashed at the restaurant. The only cheques we accept are Travellers Cheques. No personal or government cheques of any kind are to be cashed.
12. Anyone caught stealing will be dismissed immediately. This includes all food items.
13. When answering the phone, it should be answered pleasantly in the following way: " Good morning/afternoon/evening, Riddles and Vittles. _______speaking."
14. Employees are entitled to breaks. Breaks are issued by the supervisor, according to shift worked and in a fair manner. One hour non-paid break is to be taken for every 5 hour work period.
15. When you are scheduled for a shift, it is your responsibility to be there on time. If you are unable to come to work please phone as early as possible so - a replacement can be called in.
Please do not call just before you are expected to begin your shift saying you cannot work. This is very unfair to your co-workers and places impossible demands on them.
16. Please know your work schedule. All schedule changes must first be approved by the hostess. Requested days off must be written in calender journal. Requested days off are not automatically granted; however, every attempt will be made to fulfill your request. Schedules provide an approximate number # of hours working that shift. Supervisor can request you stay longer or leave early if not busy. Schedules are posted weekly on Fridays. The staff does not have time to go checking schedules. You alone are responsible for knowing your shift time, and we insist that you refrain from calling the restaurant. This will minimize incoming calls and staff interruptions.
Smiling is part of our restaurant policy. Remember, friendly service is always essential. A relaxed, friendly atmosphere is a critical part of dining out. Our primary product is a social experience in which food plays only a part. We are in the business of creating happiness. Happiness among our staff members is quickly noticed by our guests. A disgruntled, "couldn't care less" attitude is noticed just as quickly. Let's all endeavor to do our utmost to cheerfully complete each responsibility we've done your best is a great satisfaction to you. It also earns immeasurable respect from your co-workers and management.
LET'S ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER!!